Pricing individual pictures, but not a "what should I price"

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So just wondering, what does everyone that sells individual photos, framed or not, clear after the cost of the photo.

The way I'm planning on it, it making about $100 off of a framed 24x36-30x45 sized photo and $40-$50 off of an 8x12.

I could probably save a few fingers if I did the matting myself. I think I'm going to look into that.

Are we talking portrait shots? And if so, was there a sitting fee involved.

Or are we talking artistic shots, where you would be selling multiple copies of a given image?

I'd say mainly artistic shots, not selling pictures where you would charge a fee for taking them.

Now, I don't sell images because before February, all I did was expose. Now, I expose and process my film, no printing yet. Once I can print my own, I plan on starting about $200.00 for unmatted 8x10's. Honestly not planning on a lot of sales. But if I do sell some, I want to be paid for my creativity and time. And I can state that the images are completely mine. Of course, not from any negative shot before May of 2007, but anything afterwards will be a complete Christopher Walrath piece of art, with the sole exception of making and shipping the film.

Most reactions

Back