Prime Acting Strangely

Dubious Drewski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I'm trying to use a 50mm Ricoh lens on my (Brand Spanking new!)K10. When I attach it to the body, it flashes "F--" at me and it will not let me take a picture, no matter what mode I seem to put it on. (My 18-55 works fine, so it IS this lens)

I can't seem to find out in the manual what is happening here, can anyone here enlighten me?

Change the aperture on the ring to the lowest (largest number) f/stop. I don't have a Pentax but I know my Nikon does this similar error, so maybe it'll work

Nope, that's not it, but thanks anyway. I found out from somebody in the amateur photographer forum:

"You have to go into the menu, under the 'C' listing, and enable 'using aperture ring'. The camera should then recognise that you are using a lens without an electrical contact for this function."

That did it. I'm posting it here just so everyone here knows how it's done also.

Adios!

Oh I was close I guess, I know it was something with that. I forgot that lens didn't have the ability to set aperture through the body. Well, I'm glad you figured it out.

Most reactions

Back