Print at home or print at the printing service?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I always print my photographs at the printing service, because I think it is cheaper that way. Sometimes, I print at home, but my printer eats up a lot of inks, and I get tire of buying the expensive ink cartridges. Just curious, where do you guys print?

I like ProDpi for prints. I prefer their Fuji paper over Kodak. I rarely print my own.

White House Custom Colour .. don't do my own printing right now.

I go to OfficeMax to print my photos. I like to print photos by myself in the store, but they would not let me. I'm not convinced they know what they are doing. I'll check the online services. These look very interesting.

I bought a set of refillable cartridges and high grade inks for my epson (I forget where but you might look around) that are MUCH cheaper to use. Even so I send large jobs out and of course prints that are larger than my printer will do. I mainly use my printer at home for personal projects that I am fooling around with or when I need smaller jobs done fast. I saw no difference in the prints after printing the same file in 8x10 with both the OEM inks just prior to changing and just after I'd changed them.

There are also constant feed systems that work well. You'd need to print a lot for one of these to be economical or have a large printer that eats a lot of ink on start up and cleaning of the heads.

I go to OfficeMax to print my photos. I like to print photos by myself in the store, but they would not let me. I'm not convinced they know what they are doing. I'll check the online services. These look very interesting.

If your Office Max is anything like my local Staples, expect regular staff turnover. You need to look for the one person who probably does know what to do, and avoid leaving it to the new guy.

BTW: how do the prints look? If they look good to you, then what the heck?

In officemax, I keep telling him what to do. He always keeps printing wrong.

Yea, then I think it is time to find another printer.

Good luck!

I use adorama. I printed out on both regular photo paper and also got a print on a piece of metal. There prices are cheap and the print comes out awesome

Most reactions

New Topics

Back