Print Labs

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which lab is the best?

Sometimes I don't care for his know it all attitude but this seems to be a fair comparison. A few of the labs charge extra for color correction to match the printer profile, which they do not use nor Merton in the video. I've used mpix and bay photo before with good results. I've also used Shutterfly for some family gifts, mostly look like 1hr supercenter prints.
Interested to hear what the pros that order prints all the time have to say here

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I've used Adorama

Any particular part of the world you're interested in? A location in your profile would help greatly.

Is there a place in the Houston Texas area that I could take rolls to? Since many or most of the rolls are trashed could I leave instruction to just print anything good?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I ordered some test prints after watching that Tony & Chelsea Northrop video a few years ago, and have to say i agree.
  • Adoramapix was decent and I would use them again. They weren't the best, but the colors were accurate and they had a nice finish. 8/10
  • Mpix was the clear winner, with perfect color matching, great durable finish, and jus enough boost in vibrancy and contrast to make the prints "pop" without feeling like they changed my images. My only complaint was that they use a lustre coating rather than the finish being the actual paper, which seemed a bit weird. 9/10
  • I also had great results at Costco for a while. They provide ICC profiles for their printers through drycreekphoto.com, which produced pretty nice prints. However I never figured out how to automate this process, and applying it to every photo manually got pretty tedious. They lost me as a photo customer when they switched printers and didn't tell me, so everything came back with severe color casts from using the wrong ICC profile. Then they didn't publish a new one for over a year.

I realized I have pictures of planes in the boneyard now. Stuff like EA-6B and T-2 Buckeye. I'd sure like to see if some of them come out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back