print size for digital

JohnMF said:
Don't want to use one of the cheaper alternative brands because i heard that the can fry your camera completely

I'm not saying you shouldn't wait for the real deal, but I think that a lot of those accessory voltage issues were with the 10D where the limit was somewhere less than 20 volts. The 20D voltage limit was raised significantly.

Has anyone used facotrial proframs in increase the size of their digital print? If so how have they owrked for you?

tr0gd0o0r said:
Has anyone used facotrial proframs in increase the size of their digital print? If so how have they owrked for you?

facotrial proframs is that a typo are a trademark, are your taking about enhancement software that add pixels between existing ones by averaging the colors of the neighboring pixels.

If that is what your taking about. Then Yes but in directly. Kodak online absolutely uses this type of software. A co-worker of mine that was right-sided out of the film division at Kodak. Has confirmed this with me

I used genuine fractals to enlarge a 6.3 mp photo to 20x30, and compared that to the same photo bicubically resampled in photoshop to 20x30 in one step, and I could not see a difference, at print size, nor 100% on my monitor.

11x14 from my 3.3MP camera is great even at short distance.

even 2MP (or 1, i forget) is ok but at a far distance lol..i made a huge mistake one day....

I convert the image to 300dpi then use photoshop CS to enlarge to the size i want. My Digital Rebel has been printed up to 27" x 18" and looks great. My 20D has been up to 30" x 10" and it looks great too.
Have printed my Nikon Coolpix 3.1mp up to 15" x 10" using the same method and it looked great too.

enhancement software that add pixels between existing ones by averaging the colors of the neighboring pixels.

from what i understand, thats not exactly what i'm talking about. I believe fractal progms save the color information as an algorithm and then use that algorithm to enlarge the photo.

Most reactions

Back