Printer Advice needed

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I printed out a photo on A4 last night using my £50 (at the time) Canon Pixma ip1500. The quality wasn't great but I could live with it, it was the ink splotches that I couldn't live with though! I treid all of the cleaning functions at least twice (roller cleaning about 20 times) and I opened it up and gave it as good a clean as I could with some iospropylene (I never could spell). I still have the exact same problem so I've decided that a new printer is now a need and not just the want it has been for a while. I also want to transfer all of my old negatives to digital format so I want a printer that will be decent quality and has a film scanner. I've been looking at the Canon Pixma mp800 which is pretty much the top limit of my budget. Does anyone own one to offer some opinions? Can anyone suggest something better in that price bracket? approx £200 limit but could go a few quid either way...

I've beeen looking at the Epson RX640 as well and it looks like there would ba an almost unnoticeable drop in quality and a large drop in price, it's looking pretty attractive right now! Can anyone tell me anything about this one as well?

Sorry to hassle you with all the questions but I just really don't want a printer that can't handle printing a decent quality photo...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back