Printing jpeg pictures from camera-changing resolution?

timmermannen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, sorry this is probably a basic question but I would like to know:
I have an older Canon camera that shoots the Pictures in jpeg. When I open them in Photoshop the resolution of the shooted images is 180 DPI. I want to print them A4 on my printer. However, the printer prints with 250-300 DPI.
Would it be any idea to change the resolution of the Pictures in Photoshop from 180 to 300, and then print. Would this improve the detail quality on the printed Pictures?
Thanks for all advices!
Andreas

Hi, sorry this is probably a basic question but I would like to know:
I have an older Canon camera that shoots the Pictures in jpeg. When I open them in Photoshop the resolution of the shooted images is 180 DPI. I want to print them A4 on my printer. However, the printer prints with 250-300 DPI.
Would it be any idea to change the resolution of the Pictures in Photoshop from 180 to 300, and then print. Would this improve the detail quality on the printed Pictures?
Thanks for all advices!
Andreas

When you open the images in Photoshop the resolution is 180 PPI not DPI -- big difference. You should NOT change the PPI of your photo. Just set the Document Size dimensions to the print size you want. The PPI will readjust to accommodate the document size -- don't mess with it.

Joe

event_147080862.jpeg
Ah yes, you fell for the the second most common blunder. The first being, Never get involved in a land war in Asia.

What Ysarex said.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
That was the answer I was looking for, great, thanks. I will not alter anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back