Printing pictures on site, portable printer?

dao764

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
I'm running into a situation where I need to photoshoot and provide the hard print on location. I have never done that before.
My questions are, What kind of printer should I use? some portable printers takes about a minute to print 4x6 picture. Should I bring a normal inkjet photo printer to quicken the printing process? How much should I charge for each print? Could anyone with similar experience help?

Thanks in advance!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been looking into a printer like that also.

Regular inkjet printers are going to take at least a minute to print out a good quality print also.

I've been looking into this model.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CP910-Portable-Wireless-Compact/dp/B00HK8V4NC/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416019292&sr=1-4&keywords=Iphone photo printer

I like that it has AirPrint support for iPhone and iPad.
Thanks for help.
I've looked into that model too. Here's a comparison article between the Canon selphy and Epson portable printer
Canon Selphy CP910 Wireless Compact Photo Printer Review & Rating | PCMag.com

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The question is how high/low quality photos do you want to print? I use 6-7 year old Epson R380 printers and they produce very high quality images when I set the software to high quality paper/print resolution, etc. A 4x6 is more like 3-4 minutes to print...and the ink is water-soluble (will run/smear if dampened). These days, ebay sellers think they're made out of gold and set 'used' prices higher than the $170 each I paid for them when new.

Would I sell 'high speed printing' (lower res/quality) prints (on plain paper?) just to save time? Probably not. But as a selling tool for high quality results, it may be worth a try.

If you use an inkjet printer to keep the cost at a reasonable level you may want to consider having a way to seal the print so the prints can survive to get home with the client. The machine and supplies aren't real cheap but along with the inkjet printer it's a good system.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back