What's new

printing question

dropkick1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone. I was just wondering, if I was looking to make say, an 8x10 print, how would I scale it properly on the computer?I'm currently using Gimp 2.6, and I think im just missing or overlooking the obvious tool. All the methods I keep trying end up stretching or distorting the image. Thanks for your help.
 
If the image was made with a dSLR it is likely in the 3:2 aspect ratio. 8x10 is a 5:4 aspect ratio.

That means something has to get cut off/cropped to make a 5:4 aspect ratio image from a 3:2 aspect ratio original.

This graphic may help to understand aspect ratios:

AspectRatio.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom