Printing

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am curious who you guys use to print your photos? I am in the Kansas City area and I don't know if I should use someone local or online. BTW I am just a beginner so I don't have a Tax ID#. Thank you! :mrgreen:

check out whcc.com. Great prices and options. And the print quality is outstanding. I work off a calibrated monitor and print at home on a canon pro9500 printer. When I put in for my test prints, they came back *exactly* as I printed them. The coloring and highlight/shadow details were just as I printed them myself.

Also have a look at www.mpix.com . No Tax ID required and they are a Kansas based company(Pittsburg). Actually Mpix is the consumer division of the largest pro lab in the US, Miller's Professional Imaging.

Many professional portrait and wedding photographers use Mpix.

I have used Shutterfly in the past and have found the print quality to be quite good. I have also heard good things about MPix (as KmH has stated), so I would give them a look as well.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will check both of them out. But honestly I try to stay local as much as possible so Mpix will probably be my 1st runner up.

I have used Shutterfly as well and they do a great job, I was just wondering if I could step it up a notch.

I have used Shutterfly as well and they do a great job, I was just wondering if I could step it up a notch.
I was thinking the same... I am putting together my portfolio and was wondering how much of a step up MPix is from Shutterfly? I really want to make sure I use the best.

I've had some headaches with delays from Shutterfly and now use Mpix exclusively. I love Mpix with a firey passion. Good prints, good framing options, etc.

I've had some headaches with delays from Shutterfly and now use Mpix exclusively. I love Mpix with a firey passion. Good prints, good framing options, etc.

I've checked out thier website and it looks like they have a good variety of options and fair pricing.

I've checked out thier website and it looks like they have a good variety of options and fair pricing.

Go for it. Prints are cheap enough that you can safely try a variety and do some comparison. Let me know what you think of Mpix though.

Ok, I'll stop talking about Mpix before this crosses over into "creepy". ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back