Printing

mom2eight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone tell me where they get their pictures printed? If you use an online print company please let me know. I am looking for quality but want to get the best deal. If you can recommend someone id appreciate it.

I use a local pro lab, they are very good but probably not who you are looking for.

Check out Mpix.com, a lot of people in the US seem to like them.
You might also want to check out WHCC.com.

I use mpix for my home stuff and smaller orders, mpixpro and millers for larger orders (they all offer a slightly different catalog). I've recently become a member of WHCC and their test prints were awesome. I have yet to place a full order though.

I use Mpix for personal stuff. Recently though I have been using Bay Photo. I think it's easier with the ROES system and their quality is amazing! The customer service at Bay Photo is awesome. Bay Photo is more of a professional place for professional use. I use both of them.
TJ

Mpix.com, WHCC.com, Bay photo are all good.

I use the Millers family of labs myself, Mpix, MpixPro, Millers.

If you decide you want to try Mpix, here's a link to their info on how to prepare your image files for upload: Mpix.com - Help

Thanks everyone. I have a few that I'd like to have printed of the kids. My husband has been bugging me to do some 8x10s and hanging them in the hall. My next question is framing. Where do you get your photos framed. Are you a DIYer or do you have them framed. 8 kids times 8 frames is gonna break the bank. Any suggestions?

If you want some photos of the kids printed I think Mpix is your best bet. Nice quality and they arrive pretty quick too.

Where do you get your photos framed. Are you a DIYer or do you have them framed. 8 kids times 8 frames is gonna break the bank. Any suggestions?

MPix and WHCC both have framing options but they're pricey. Framing in general is expensive. But if you are careful and wait until Michael's has coupon that applies to even sale items (usually 25%) and on a week when their frames are 40-50% off, you can pull in decent if non-descript 8x10 frames for about $6-$10 a piece. It doesn't get much cheaper than that.

Oh, also, many hobby/etc stores carry borderless frames (it's just glass and clips that hold the photo to a stable backing) that can be hung on a wall. The last time I bought 8x10's at full price they were around $3.99.

Every time I go into Hobby Lobby, their frames are on major sale.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back