TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
i searched in google for the best paper for my printer but nothing i found

am looking for a studio phoography

i need it a proffisional paper

please advice me

what do you think of pigment ink for my printer, it will cost me few money better than buy ink each time.. ??

thanks

I highly suggest you buy a sample pack from Epson, Ilford, Hannemule, and other high quality paper manufactures. Or AT LEAST the swatch booklets. You'll find what paper you'll need that way.

The sample maks have like 5-10 different types of paper in them so you can see what each does.

just make sure you use correct profiles though!!

i searched in google for the best paper for my printer but nothing i found

am looking for a studio phoography

i need it a proffisional paper

please advice me

what do you think of pigment ink for my printer, it will cost me few money better than buy ink each time.. ??

thanks

It all kind of depend on the look you are going for and what you are printing. My personal favorites are Ilford smooth Pearl and the smooth fine art matte for a lot of my printing.

I have a 2400.

I use Epson Ultra Premium Luster for my serious prints 80% of the time. For absolute the best Epson paper. Exibition Fiber paper is acid free and 13 mil thick. Has the highest rated d-max of any Epson paper (color range).

Luster is a matte paper and Exibition is a gloss surface paper.

Correct profiles is a must! The printer will print very well on almost any paper. As long as you tell it what paper (correct settings) you are printing. I ordered my last set a month ago online and got them for roughly $10.50 to $11 each.

For my serious printing I use Epson paper. For everyday photo prints for ourselves or other family members I use what ever is lowest price when I am looking. Not too long ago a local salvage store had some National Geographic branded paper for cheap. I bought 1 pack and took it home and tried it out. I went back and bought over 50 packs of it. Obviously its made by a different company and just branded to Nat Geo. But its really good paper. Nice heavy weight too 10 mil.

My personal favorites are Ilford smooth Pearl and the smooth fine art matte for a lot of my printing.

Another vote for Ilford Gallerie smooth pearl paper. Several years ago, I did most of my printing on Epson Enhanced Matt or premium papers. I was happy until I purchased the remaining stock of Ilford paper from a going out of business sale. I never turned back.. I have also used Hannemule papers with very good results. I like their WONDERFUL selection but it is a bit too pricey for an already expensive hobby.

I am bit confused with this question. If I recall correctly, the Epson ink sets for your 2400 are pigment based inks. Do you mean continuous ink system? Personally, I'd stick with the epson cartridges unless you are doing A LOT of bulk printing.

What is your intended output? What surface do you want?

Luster is a "matte" finish. The Exibition paper is a "gloss" paper.

The first link is a general link.

i will use it for photography studio

but i noticed there is a difference between them, in the price , the box of the paper te firt link is a normal box no picture on it. the second link there is a girl photo on the box??

check this ...
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Premium-Luster-Inches-Sheets/dp/B00006B7P4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1241375336&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 50 Sheets: Office Products[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Premium-Glossy-Letter-S042175/dp/B001441YFQ/ref=pd_sbs_op_1]Amazon.com: Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy, Letter Size, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 50 Sheets (S042175): Office Products[/ame]

ummm is the difference one is a matte and the other is glossy ??

i always prefer the matte, but what is your opinion. for portrait \

thanks

If it were me. I would order both. Some people like the matte surface the Luster paper has. Some people like the glossy surface.

$62.70 for both from antonline.com (or through them on Amazon). This is where I ordered my 2400 ink sets the last 2 times. They have very good prices on Epson supplies.

I believe more like matte finish for portraits. But there is no proof behind that statement, at least that I can give. Read it a few places but that doesn't make it true. It really deppends on taste of the client.

thanks alot for the help

i will go for this site .. and i will order the both as you said

Many thanks ...

Welcome,

And don't forget to set the propper paper profile for each paper type your going to print on. It makes a difference! My wife couldn't stand the 2400 and even said I can't believe you paid that much for this crappy printer when she tried a print on her own. Then I did a correct print and she said wow. :mrgreen:

ooh :meh: i have to remember that

thanks alot if i need help i will ask you directly , hope you don't mind

regards,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back