PROBLEM WITH MY CANON A70 -plz help-

cincophoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I had my PowerShot A70 for about 2 years now taking pictures with it. My biggest photo album with my PowerShot can be seen at www.cincophoto.com

Now I am running into this problem and I am not sure if it’s the lens or a firmware problem. I went on the Canon site and upgraded my firmware to v.2.0 (latest) with no success.

The problem is that I go out to takes some pictures and then all the sudden my camera shows some purple lines vibrating. After some time (randomly) the purple lines go away and I can use my camera as normal. I tried switching batteries, CF card and I nothing seems to work.

Last night I went in downtown Seattle (where I live) to takes some pictures. I took my camera out and boom, the purple lines. I waited for about 15 minutes just enjoying the view and I was about to return home when I turn my camera on and it works perfect.

Here is some sample pictures that were resized for the sake of bandwidth to show you what is going on.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Any suggestion or help is extremely appreciated. Thanks a lot guys!

Whoa! Are are those first two just details, or are they the entire shot? And I don't seem to see a problem with the last two. Are they to illustrate the camera working properly?

Most reactions

Back