Problems processing Pentax raw files .PEF

lynxear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have not used my Pentax ist DL camera for about a 1.5 years now. I stopped doing racing pics and nature pics for that time due to health issues. That has been overcome and I want to get back to nature photography again.

I liked shooting in raw mode for obvious reasons and I used Infraview software to process the .PEF files and convert the final result to .JPG , however in the last year I upgraded the Infraview software and no longer can get the software to recognize a .PEF file any more !@#!!!

Apparently it seems the upgrade does not automatically include the plug-in for .PEF and it is not easy to contact infraview people on their website, I am finding.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve it if you did.

@expresso2x What a great software... I will quickly uninstall Infraview because of this application.

I looked at some .PEF files that were definitely underexposed and it automatically corrected them to a very acceptable print all things considered.

So many possible adjustments... I am going to have a lot of learning ahead... I did not see a manual on-site... it took me 5 minutes to find the save button... I could save the new profile no problem but not to .JPG at first.

Thank you very much!! I am going to save the initial download ZIP file so I won't run into this problem again.

You're welcome, good result!

You're welcome, good result!

It has worked out fine. It makes pretty good adjustments to a .PEF raw file. My problem is that I don't have a manual for the software and I have never used something as complex as Raw Therapee before.

I have played around with the settings to see their effect but there is no method to my madness :)

Do you have a manual for this software or know where I can find on? or failing that if these settings are common to most complex graphics software Please point me in the right direction....thanks in advance.

Most reactions

Back