Problems with 24-70mm f/2.8 for minolta mount?

Zatodragon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zato-dragon.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In search of a better lens for my maxxum and Alpha, i was going to look into the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 from Kits because the company was having a big sale on a good portion of Minolta mount lenses. I had heard a rumor of a problem that a large batch of those lenses were having issues where they will not work, not even in manual focus mode. I ordered it, and when i tried it out, did not work at all with my maxxum or Alpha. So i returned it and was gonna pick up the Sigma 105mm macro instead, but even after 2 months, they still haven't gotten it in.:irked:

Has anyone else encounter a similar problem? If it's sounds like what i've heard, i'll go back over and pick it back up and send it out to Sigma to get fixed.

Thanks guys!

Interesting... when you say it didn't work even with manual focus, do you mean the aperture won't stop down? Or does the body simply not recognise the lens and refuse to meter?

As for your options I would definitely look into getting it repaired. From what I've heard, Sigma seem to be good when it comes to 're-chipping' lenses or flashes for newer cameras so they should be good about repairs too. I'd suggest at least asking them for a quote first.

Ah, the either bodies didn't recognize the lens and sent up an error code on the info lcd.

And i'll contact sigma about how much it might be to fix it if its not covered under the warrenty.

Thanks!

I guess it's not much use like that then... if the lens is new and had this problem out the box then IMO you shouldn't be paying anything to have it fixed, should definitely be covered.

Most reactions

Back