What's new

Problems with viewing photo - showing up as not fully edited for some reason?!?

RussJasper

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Location
London, Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a maternity shoot on the weekend and i wanted to burn the background in photoshop to make it all black (i used black sheets as a back drop). Now in photoshop and when i open the file with windows picture viewer the photo looks perfect. As soon as I email it, host it online (tried flickr to test), or send the file on msn (tried with my room mate) the photo looks only 3/4 edited. You can see only a few parts where the background isn't burned and small other things. You can see this on another photo also. And it's not even my monitor because when i view it online it looks messed up but when i toggle back to photoshop it looks normal again.

How can I fix this?!?

cliffs:

- edited photo so it looked great on my computer
- tried to email, send on msn, or host photo
- photo looks messed up and you can see where i edited or lack there of.
- how do i fix it?!
 
Seems like it's a problem with JPEG, try using PNG or raising the quality on the JPEG.
 
hmm, i'll try that.

I even re-saved it under a different name after re-burning where the online version shows its missing and then re-hosted and same thing!
 
What colourspace are you saving it in?
You want to be saving it as sRGB for internet posting otherwise the colours won't be displayed correctly when online.
 
i know it may sound silly but have you checked your layers and flattened the image? it may be that you've left something on one layer thats messing it all up. just my thoughts.
 
what is the easiest way to convert to sRGB? I have never done that. noob i know. when i go colour settings it says my working space is sRGB so should it not save as that?

I did not use any layers. I also i tried to save one of the web copies as a different file and when i opened it in photoshop again it looked normal! ugh
 
Okay i think i figured it out!! had to save for web and make sure it was optimized! thanks a lot guys/girls!! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom