Profesionnal liscences / certificates / memberships

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I think it is.

I'm curious as to what certifications, memberships and other associations are out there for photographers to join?
I've been loving my photojournalism classes and assignments and wondering what would be out there to help me progress.

I first heard about IFPO (Internaltion Freelance Photographers Association IFPO HOME PAGE ) but after looking at their website and reading up about them, they seem more like a money making thing than an actual organisation. They print out a membership paper (some I can do at home with basic photoshop) and I assume the events I would be able to get into are those that are really not worth shooting.

I came upon the NPPA (National Press Photographers Association National Press Photographers Association ) which seems way more legit, but again, its still a pay for your card type of thing.

Any of you try any of these? Are you a member of some organisation? Do you find that being so has helped your business?

Thanks!

Thanks for the link Mike. :)
Many of these sites are often US based, I haven't found one (until your link) that is Canadian.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back