Professional Photo Editing HELP!

I am not an administrator so I have no idea what you are talking about I was just looking for help or advice. Thank you to all who were able to explain what I can and can't do. That was all I was really looking for.

Was NOT referring to you.

Folks, it looks like this is a photo of the band with her fiance, and unfortunately his ex. Not a press photo of the band release through the media. Meaning, it sounds like OP's fiance owns this photo, and there are no copyrights to worry about. Am I wrong?
It would be VERY unusual for the copyright to have been transferred. Most people assume that once they pay for an image, it's theirs to do with as they please, but the legal reality is quite different. Essentially, buying a photograph, even one of you and your family is the same as buying MS Office - you don't actually own the software, rather just the right to use it in certain, limited ways. As Mike said, it's quite possible that the photographer wouldn't care one way or the other, BUT, it's a very slippery slope indeed.

My question is why is someone who has been a member for 2 months only has 2 posts and does not understand that just being in the photo does not mean you own the copyright to the photo an administrator on the forum.

The forums here are owned by a company which manages a selection of different forums and communities. As a result whilst the moderators for the forum come from the community, our administration department is separate. Many of them are not photographers; they are coders, managers, relations people etc... They are other parts of the setup that runs the site in the background.

It would be VERY unusual for the copyright to have been transferred. Most people assume that once they pay for an image, it's theirs to do with as they please, but the legal reality is quite different. Essentially, buying a photograph, even one of you and your family is the same as buying MS Office - you don't actually own the software, rather just the right to use it in certain, limited ways. As Mike said, it's quite possible that the photographer wouldn't care one way or the other, BUT, it's a very slippery slope indeed.

My question is why is someone who has been a member for 2 months only has 2 posts and does not understand that just being in the photo does not mean you own the copyright to the photo an administrator on the forum.

The forums here are owned by a company which manages a selection of different forums and communities. As a result whilst the moderators for the forum come from the community, our administration department is separate. Many of them are not photographers; they are coders, managers, relations people etc... They are other parts of the setup that runs the site in the background.

AHH thanks for the explanation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back