Professional Studio Light Umbrella Kit

Only people but they are going to be in my home made studio(bedroom), I wanted something like this so I can experiment with. The Beginner Bee kit is really nice but out of my price range :( Thanks for the advice.

Thanks-deli

The problem with the kit you linked to, is that is used constant type lights (not flash/strobe type lights).
I can't find a wattage rating for the bulbs they use, but it doesn't look like they are going to be very bright.

The problem with this, is that you will still need slow shutter speeds in order to get enough light. Slow shutter speeds mean blurry photos when either the camera or the subject isn't perfectly still.

If you read the description or the reviews, they all say that this kit is "ideal for product or catalog photography"...meaning that you would be using a tripod and shooting things that don't move.

If you are shooting people, I highly recommend getting a flash/strobe kit. And as with anything else, you get what you pay for, so anything less than a couple hundred dollars is likely going to be crap.

Check out this kit...
Strobist Starving Student SC1 Lighting Kit

The problem with the kit you linked to, is that is used constant type lights (not flash/strobe type lights).
I can't find a wattage rating for the bulbs they use, but it doesn't look like they are going to be very bright.

The problem with this, is that you will still need slow shutter speeds in order to get enough light. Slow shutter speeds mean blurry photos when either the camera or the subject isn't perfectly still.

If you read the description or the reviews, they all say that this kit is "ideal for product or catalog photography"...meaning that you would be using a tripod and shooting things that don't move.

If you are shooting people, I highly recommend getting a flash/strobe kit. And as with anything else, you get what you pay for, so anything less than a couple hundred dollars is likely going to be crap.

Check out this kit...
Strobist Starving Student SC1 Lighting Kit

+100 Be patient, save up and get quality equipment the first time through.

I guess I'm going to be patient and save some money and buy a better kit. Thanks for the advise Big Mike and zerofourtwo :)

Thanks-deli

Are there any kits in the $100 range that are "good enough"? I dont mind getting something that will require a bit of extra work, and save up for a kit that will make the job easier down the road. :)

Its tempting to use some off camera flashes and hook those up to a power source as a temporary thing. With umbrellas or something to diffuse the light.

Most reactions

Back