Progress

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot on Driftwood Beach . Jekyll Island ,GA
C& C always welcomed. Not to put thoughts in your head ,BUT it seems a bit flat to me ,not sure . Add contrast ? Too mush Dead space ? can't put my finger on what is off here . Just not interesting ? IDK.

Progress by Clyde Hopper, on Flickr

Clyde, why did you pick b&w for this picture? To me the photo looses a lot of potential in the blue sky and clouds when you convert to b&w. I'm not a b&w person, so others may be able to help you with the conversion there that would make this pop more.

Clyde, why did you pick b&w for this picture? To me the photo looses a lot of potential in the blue sky and clouds when you convert to b&w. I'm not a b&w person, so others may be able to help you with the conversion there that would make this pop more.
I thought it would give the mood I was looking for .

Fair enough, I'll bow out of the conversation at this point. I can appreciate b&w but I don't really understand how to convert to a good one.

Fair enough, I'll bow out of the conversation at this point. I can appreciate b&w but I don't really understand how to convert to a good one.
Thank you very much for your in put ! I will look closer at the color ,but I left the smokestack in the BG in an attempt to make a statement . Fail ?

Nothing other than, "I like it." Just wish the silhouette took up a bit more in the frame.

Thank you very much for your in put ! I will look closer at the color ,but I left the smokestack in the BG in an attempt to make a statement . Fail ?

No, it's not a fail. A fail is not trying.

Most reactions

Back