Progress

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot on Driftwood Beach . Jekyll Island ,GA
C& C always welcomed. Not to put thoughts in your head ,BUT it seems a bit flat to me ,not sure . Add contrast ? Too mush Dead space ? can't put my finger on what is off here . Just not interesting ? IDK.

Progress by Clyde Hopper, on Flickr

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Photos OK to edit
Clyde, why did you pick b&w for this picture? To me the photo looses a lot of potential in the blue sky and clouds when you convert to b&w. I'm not a b&w person, so others may be able to help you with the conversion there that would make this pop more.

OP
hopdaddy

hopdaddy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Clyde, why did you pick b&w for this picture? To me the photo looses a lot of potential in the blue sky and clouds when you convert to b&w. I'm not a b&w person, so others may be able to help you with the conversion there that would make this pop more.
I thought it would give the mood I was looking for .

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Photos OK to edit
Fair enough, I'll bow out of the conversation at this point. I can appreciate b&w but I don't really understand how to convert to a good one.

OP
hopdaddy

hopdaddy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Fair enough, I'll bow out of the conversation at this point. I can appreciate b&w but I don't really understand how to convert to a good one.
Thank you very much for your in put ! I will look closer at the color ,but I left the smokestack in the BG in an attempt to make a statement . Fail ?

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nothing other than, "I like it." Just wish the silhouette took up a bit more in the frame.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Photos OK to edit
Thank you very much for your in put ! I will look closer at the color ,but I left the smokestack in the BG in an attempt to make a statement . Fail ?

No, it's not a fail. A fail is not trying.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics