Prom Photos

TonysTouch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a couple of photos from the prom I shot a few months ago. C+C is always welcomed.

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

All I can offer is that the images seem to be underexposed by half a stop or so and that there seems to be some strange green light coming from the right. Did you just go with available light or were these lit using flashes?

These were lit using continuous light. It was difficult keeping the students in the right spot. I never noticed the green light. I was using daylight balanced light. All of the bulbs were the same.

Tungsten and especially fluorescent lights often change color during their life span.

I'm guessing you had fluorescent somewhere to the right because of the green cast. They also flicker at certain frequency and can cause different color casts and brightness if you shoot over 1/100th of a second. Sometimes using something like 1/50th of a second is recommended to get uniform lighting between shots.

But if you used tungsten based lights and there were no fluorescent lights on set then it's hard to say. Perhaps a wall to the right was green and reflected light?

Get some flashes, they will make your life a lot easier when it comes to lighting things up.

The flicker makes sense. And I can't afford another speed light, or two. BTW, I shot with a primary, fill and hair light. All three fluorescent bulbs that had all been on two shoots previously.

Get very cheap flashes. :p

But yeah, you got to do with what you can afford. Hot lights can work too for sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back