Prom Time....C&C welcomed

bowen.deanna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_1173.jpg

Wasn't planning on taking this picture but she ask and I just snapped. Didn't set any setting.

Canon Rebel T3
1/2000
Focal Length 55mm
f 5.6
ISO 3200

Why did you use ISO 3200? You'd be better off with ISO 200 and a shutter of 1/125 hmm? as for the image, the cut elbows aren't a huge issue but they do draw my eyes.

The photo came out surprisingly well considering the bizarre settings used.

Why did you use ISO 3200? You'd be better off with ISO 200 and a shutter of 1/125 hmm? as for the image, the cut elbows aren't a huge issue but they do draw my eyes.

I don't know why the ISO was so high. My niece had been taking pictures of herself and friends at the prom so she might have been playing around with the buttons (and she will be punished for this LOL J/K). When I took this picture I just turned the camera on and snapped without setting anything. Thanks for letting me know what ISO and shutter I should have went with. And also about the elbows...I am a newbie so that didn't stand out to me until you pointed it out. This is something I will burn in my brain to remember when I am talking photos. Again thanks!

the pictures looks ok at this size but when you see the full size image, there is way too much noise for this type of light.
I say this alot but black and white pictures should punch me in the face. This is kinda blah. Add some contrast.

I dont see any noise but more contrast would be nice. Pan out on the framing too. Dont clip hands and elbows or leave to much space above the head.

I dont see any noise but more contrast would be nice. Pan out on the framing too. Dont clip hands and elbows or leave to much space above the head.

Click on the photo to see the full size image. There is noise.

I like the composition but dissapoint by shadows, try to shutter down with use of reflector, tht will inhance the figure and washed away eye shadow. Control in ISO

the compo is good with her good expressions....if u cud take a little bit below, u cud include the right hand and elbow, naturally spreading the frame...In such shots vertical frame works well...u did that job.

the pictures looks ok at this size but when you see the full size image, there is way too much noise for this type of light.
I say this alot but black and white pictures should punch me in the face. This is kinda blah. Add some contrast.

Do you suggest adding contrast to the girl or the bg or both?

Thanks for the advice. Where would you add contrast to on the photo? I am new to all of this (only had my camera a few weeks) so I didn't realize I had clipped her hands and elbows until someone had brought it to my attention. Opened my eyes totally LOL Again thanks for the advice.

$1shaylah.jpg

Was just messing around with Photoshop ( I have NO idea what I am doing in there LOL) Just wanted to see if I made any difference in the photo. Can anyone tell?

Most reactions

Back