Prospective buyer

mdcssz28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone know what the best kind of camera is? I am a college student that cant afford one right now but just wanting to know if Cannon has better cameras or Nikon. I'm currently thinking of getting either the Cannon 5D or a Nikon. :raisedbrow:

Canon vs. Nikon

Ford vs. Chevy

You cannot go wrong with either Canon or Nikon. The most difficult part will likely be choosing which one is best for you.

There are many similiar posts here on TPF, plenty of reading already exist to help you make choice for what is best for YOU.

Youre not going to get an answer. There is no answer. Get what you want and suits you best. I shoot Nikon. Plenty of people do. My friend shoots Canon. Plenty of people do. This question is a sore spot here on the forum.

Good luck!
Mark

The original Canon 5D had a great image sensor in a fairly average camera body. Is claim to fame was full frame without the huge size,heavy weight, and $8000 price tag of what was on the market at the time. Prices vary widely on the 5D, most likely because the 5D premiered at $3400 and sold poorly, and the was dropped to $3100, and throughout its life span Canon offered numerous,and frequent price cuts, as well as several rounds of rebates. At one time, it was possible to get a new 5D for just under $2,000 with a combination of rebates and selling off the printer that came in one bundle, so sellers of the original 5D have widely different expectations of how much a used 5D is "worth".

There are lots of good cameras on the market now. The market changes quite rapidly at times,as new models are introduced and old ones are discontinued. You need to decide how much money you want to spend,and what you want the camera to excel at.

If you're a college student, and you want a decent camera, get a Rebel. They're great for learning and you can get excellent images. Until you need another camera, I wouldn't pay the price tag for anything more expensive.

I was looking online the other day and saw the Cannon Digital Rebel XSi for a cheap price that I could afford, if anyone protests tell me and why i should not get that one.

You shouldn't get anything if you're relying on an Internet forum to tell you what to buy.

Go pick up some cameras, find a few you like - then research them a little bit, if you have questions, ask.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back