Protest - 1'st attempt at photo journalism. C & C Please

pborgbarthet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first shot at photo journalism - a protest against some illegal building permits issued by the government.

C & C Appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• $IMG_2579 (Custom).JPG
    $IMG_2579 (Custom).JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 111
  • $IMG_2572 (Custom).JPG
    $IMG_2572 (Custom).JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 107
  • $IMG_2500 (Custom).JPG
    $IMG_2500 (Custom).JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 112
  • $Boy Protesting (Custom).jpg
    $Boy Protesting (Custom).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 147
Yeah it is. There's a big project involving building anumber of luxury complex villas along what has been called one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe...and many Maltese people like myself feel very strongly about this place.

Plus there apparently was a lot of corruption and hidden transactions to release the permits.... ******** to over development!

Thanks for reply

Back in the early '50s I had the pleasure of stopping off in Malta for the night on my way to Tripoli. In fact I still have a silver ring that I bought there. I remember a large wall entrance to the market place. Not much else, I was 14 at the time.

Are you pro or against the development?

Nice to hear that.. maybe you should visit again.. for longer.

Quite strongly against the development. Malta has become very over developed today and it's becoming always harder to find nice spots which have been left in their naturally beautiful state.

This development is planned in Gozo which is Malta's sister island -Beautiful and immaculately natural island... full of charming villages and beautiful landscapes... not to mention the sea and beaches.

We're afraid that if this goes through, apart from ruining Ramla l-Hamra (the beach) it will open doors to fast over development which will totally ruin this beautiful place.

http://www.gozo.gov.mt/pages.aspx?page=24

This is a link to see the attractions and mainly Ramla beach in Gozo. I hope you enjoy it :wink:

Ah I visited Malta once, pretty nice. :thumbup:

as to the pictures: I think you show the protest, so that's good. But the angles are pretty straightforward. I think next time you could experiment with angles and DOF a little bit more and see what it does for your pics.

pascal

There´s something missing...

I would suggest getting in on someone´s face...maybe the guy with the loudspeaker while he´s giving the people his message...or catching some wild activity in a face or hand gesture somewhere.
In a series there usually needs to be a range of types of shots: wide, medium, close, high or low...some elements of the people AND the place...reactions...for example, including confrontation with police or other officials, or bystanders.

Thanks Puscas. There were press photographers and camermen everywhere so it was real hard to get the good angles before them, and not get in anyones way but I understand what you mean.

I'll try again next time :)

Thanks

(PNA - Glad you enjoyed the link. It's much nicer in real life... photographer's paradise :mrgreen:

There´s something missing...

I would suggest getting in on someone´s face...maybe the guy with the loudspeaker while he´s giving the people his message...or catching some wild activity in a face or hand gesture somewhere.
In a series there usually needs to be a range of types of shots: wide, medium, close, high or low...some elements of the people AND the place...reactions...for example, including confrontation with police or other officials, or bystanders.

Great suggestions. This was my first time but I'll keep all this in mind for the next time. Thanks a lot for the help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back