Proxymity

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It all started when I had this crazy-person idea to precariously lean over a large boulder in about a foot and a half of rapids. I continued the good ideas by setting up my tripod in a very questionable way. The tripod was basically submerged, so at that point it was more of a subpod. I had the camera a few inches from the water. Between each shot, it was necessary to wipe the lens front. I drenched all my microfiber cloths in a matter of minutes.

Ok, enough of my dramatics. I worked pretty hard to get a clean foreground composition here at the famous Proxy Falls in Oregon.

Thanks for looking.

Proxymity by Majeed Badizadegan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Will nom when on pc.

Your hard work has paid off. Hope you had a drysuit on. That water looks very cold. As for the image, I love the upper two thirds, but the lowest third is a little bland (easy for me to say, I wasn't there in the rapids!!). I'm kinda wondering if a flash shot during the exposure could sparkle up the foreground water a little, and maybe even freeze some drops?

Very nice Majeed. Looks like another one I will have to put on my list for my next visit to Oregon.

WesternGuy

Top rate photography mate. What aperture and SS did you shoot at? Looks like you were pretty stopped down, I'm guessing you probably had to spend a bit time 'healing' water spots on this one!

Very nice.

Thank you tirediron.

Will nom when on pc.

Thanks!

Thanks D7K

Your hard work has paid off. Hope you had a drysuit on. That water looks very cold. As for the image, I love the upper two thirds, but the lowest third is a little bland (easy for me to say, I wasn't there in the rapids!!). I'm kinda wondering if a flash shot during the exposure could sparkle up the foreground water a little, and maybe even freeze some drops?

That's a really cool idea!

I just want to go to Oregon. Beautiful!

:)

Very nice Majeed. Looks like another one I will have to put on my list for my next visit to Oregon. WesternGuy

Yes, WG, for sure!

Top rate photography mate. What aperture and SS did you shoot at? Looks like you were pretty stopped down, I'm guessing you probably had to spend a bit time 'healing' water spots on this one!

Aperture of f/11 and 0.4s shutter. Depending on the speed and volume of the water, I like to shoot between 1/8 and 1s

I favourite almost every one of your flickr Images mate you visit some awesome places!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back