PS elements vs Picassa

Mitch1640

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
how would you compare photoshop elements to picassa?

Elements is way more powerful than Picasa2....

However for very basic jpg editing (cropping, general level adjustments) nothing I've seen beats the speed and ease of use than Picasa. Picasa is super fast. As a tip, I would stay away from Picasa's one touch sharpening... it's an instrument to massacre.

I'm not a big photo editor. I use Picasa to review pictures and do basic cropping and level adjustments. Images that I REALLY want to edit I bring into Paint Shop ProII. Both quick editing features on Elements and PSP2 are mind numbingly sloooow.

IMO if you haven't purchased Elements yet download the free trial of Paint Shop Pro II. You might like a little better and it's cheaper.

I like Picasa's interface. It looks nice and is very easy to use. I agree, however, that it is not ideal for anything but the most basic editing. There are lots of great programs you can look into if you want to do more intensive editing. Lots of people use Elements (might be a good idea if you plan to move up to Photoshop someday). Other people, like dEAR, recommend Paint Shop Pro. I would say to download a few and try them out and see which you like best. I'm sure they are all good programs, the only difference would be which one you find easier to use.

thank you guys for the responses. iv been using picassa but im not too fond of it because it isnt very controllable. i will download demos of PS elements and PSP2 thank you guys again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back