What's new

PSE7, Selective colouring

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
759
Reaction score
0
Location
Warwickshire UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am not really familiar with layers yet in PSE. I understand selective colouring is one way of using layers for practice. How would I do this to an image? thanks
 
Try to Google 'Selective Colouring Tutorial' or something similar. The first result I got from this search seems reasonably useful: CLICK. I am sure Googling 'Photoshop Layer Tutorial' will also return many useful links on how to use layers.
 
basically

- duplicate your main layer (if it's set as "background", double click it in the menu on the low/right hand to change it as a layer)

on the upper layer, desaturate (the whole layer)

then delete the part you want to see in color, it'll make the bottom (color) layer appear.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom