Pub Fronts

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well. The moment has come. I am starting a theme thread that I had wanted to start for only just about 4 years but never have.

Let me begin with horrible scans from prints of photos I took during our holidays on the Inishowen Peninsular (northernmost tip of Ireland) since that is where I started looking at - and photographing - pub fronts first. They just ASKED to be photographed.

Forgive me the quality of these scans (I can't make myself re-scan them with my newer scanner, which, by the way, is also already showing signs of old age again...)

PubFronts_McGuiresMoville.jpg

McGuires in Moville

PubFronts_OFlaitbeartaizBuncrana.jpg

O'Flaitbeartaiz in Buncrana

PubFronts_PrimaryColours.jpg

Unknown pub in Clonmany (I think)

PubFronts_RoddensBuncrana.jpg

Roddens in Buncrana

PubFronts_SquareBar.jpg

Square Bar in Clonmany (I think)

PubFronts_TownClockMoville.jpg

The Town Clock in Moville

More to come.

Oooo, great idea for a theme, Corinna! LOVE the bright colours in your shots (especially the 'unknown pub' and Roddens). I'm sure I have a pic or two of a pub. (*commences digging through the archives*)

Now that first one, (coming from an American...) that's an Irish pub....I want to drink a beer in that place.....

I like this theme,...I'll be back...K-town has some cool bars and pubs......

very nice. all very inviting :)

I think the unknown pub wins for me ...

Too bad, whenever I walk past a pub, I just cannot take any image but juts walk straight in ;)

maybe i will find some iamges though, once back home ...

No need to believe anything anyone says: your typing skills speak for themselves :greenpbl:

Hey, but it is about time we post some more PHOTOS! The Themes are NOT for chatting and SPAMMING!!!!!

i like a few of them, i must say recently you have stepped up your photo-game!

Very nice, brings back memories of the UK and Scotland in particular.

Starting a "pub" thread is a great idea, however the bars here (US) do not have unique names and few are painted as brightly as in the UK.

OK, not only "exotic" ones from Ireland now, but some German pub fronts (seen and photographed in Oldenburg several years ago, all photos presented once more scans from prints):

OL_ErnstHoyer_Film.jpg

Ernst Hoyer's wine pub

OL_SchmizzCaf_Film.jpg

Schmizz-Café in the centre of Oldenburg

OL_KleineBurg_Film.jpg

"Kleine Burg"

And now two "fronts" (of which one is more from the side because only there could I find room onto which to lean the Powershot since I was without tripod) taken in Berlin

202_andTeildHackeschenHfe.jpg

Inside "Hackesche Höfe"

213_OranienburgerStrae.jpg

"Birchi" (if I read right) on Oranienburger St.

And one in Potsdam
279_CafRothenburg.jpg

"Café Rothenburg"

I'm liking this idea, time to get shooting methinks!

Nice pub shots! One of the best pubs near my home town was called "The Kings Hole", brilliant name.

I think i might have to pay a visit and get a few shots! ;)

Here's a couple of snapshots. First, a pub called The Stage Door, which is round the back of the Old Vic Theatre, near Waterloo. Doesn't look much at 9.00 in the morning:

Link gone :(

Next, not really a pub, more an example of the kind of soulless, corporate city centre bar you seem to find everywhere, All Bar One. This one has a stock market ticker display above the door, because it's in the Reuters building at Canary Wharf:

Link gone :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd pop up a couple of the local country pubs - first one is the Waggon and Horses just outside Avebury

Waggonandhorses.jpg

The haunted (yes, they have a certificate and everything) Red Lion in Avebury

deadlion.jpg

And finally the Mermaid outside Lyneham

mermaid.jpg

Most reactions

Back