Pulling the trigger... Nikon D700.

Congrats Jerry! Sooooo that D200... shame it wont be getting as much use. Best give it a new home. That can be a tough choice! DONT FRET! Im up for the challenge... i will bear this old burden of yours ;)

Jerry .... I can feel your joy here in St. Louis ...:lol: So you finally pull the trigger .... Good for you.

Question: Are you going to dance with your D700 as soon as you have her in your hand?

Not sure if jumping up and down like a 4 year old at Christmas is dancing, but that's exactly what I will be doing! :D

Congrats Jerry! Sooooo that D200... shame it wont be getting as much use. Best give it a new home. That can be a tough choice! DONT FRET! Im up for the challenge... i will bear this old burden of yours ;)

Welllllll....... the D200 is relegated to backup camera use and for my father, so trust me, it is still going to be well treated AND used a nice amount.

I danced for my D80! A D700 would reduce me to happy tears.

Well in that case... Jerry you know who to look up when you get that D3 haha :D

Last edited:
I'm mad at Nikon. They took away the SB-800... so I am boycotting the D3xxx with 45MP even if they gave it to me for free in the next 2 days.

Congratulations Jerry! I actually saw this coming from some of your recent observations..

While I'm in the 'other' camp, I'm also stepping up soon and can truly relate to your passion.

Unboxing pics welcome.

-Shea

EDIT: Ok, I'm in - just prepaid in full (for priority) 5DmII & 24-105 Lens!

Last edited:
I'm mad at Nikon. They took away the SB-800... so I am boycotting the D3xxx with 45MP even if they gave it to me for free in the next 2 days.

lol.... if ur so mad than might as well return that d700 and 24-70 without evening opening the box..... that'll learn them....

what's so wrong with the SB900? it has a zoom head that covers both the FX and DX focal plane...

For $500, I have a studio monolight that gives me quality 800-1200 W/s performance, as compared to the SB-900's 125-130 W/s... that's the main reason. It is WAY overpriced for a battery powered strobe. Even the SB-800 at $320 was a tad over that line, but many put up with it, because it was the industry standard. $500 bucks? Nope, not even close to being worth it!

Squeeeeeee!!!
I'm totally jealous!! Congratulations on the purchase. You don't have to tell us how much that all cost, we already know!
I am renting that 24-70 for an event I have in 2 weeks, I am dying to try it out.
The SB-900 is way overpriced, crazy! THat sucks that they dumped the SB-800.
Yes please, to the unboxing pictures.
So Jerry, you are in QC but ordered from the US? Even with the dollar as low as it is right now you found a better deal in the US?

Well, I've decided to make the puchase and the new toys are coming this Thursday or Friday.

I just ordered a Nikon D700, Nikkor 24-70 lens, the Nikon battery grip, 2 extra batteries and a couple more 8GB Sandisk Extreme IV CF cards.

Please, no one ask how much this costs... I am currently in denial! :lmao: :lmao:

Saying that I am excited feels almost like the understatement of the year to me! Christmas came early this year! :lol: :D :lol: :D

You saw one too many high ISO shots from that sensor, didn't you...?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back