Pulling the trigger... Nikon D700.

You saw one too many high ISO shots from that sensor, didn't you...?
Exactly! :lol:

Release date, well I'm trying to put it out of my mind, shift focus and be 'surprised' in 2 - 4 weeks (my guess). That is the advantage of an older mind, I can trick myself like that. :thumbup:

-S

although im not a big fan of nikon... im jealous

Congrats on the new camera. :thumbup:

So how come your not driving around looking for a UPS truck. :lol:

Hope you don't get the Yellow slip blues.

I got a call last night from automated machine from UPS saying a signature required deliver was scheduled for today. This afternoon UPS man dropped off our 2nd D300 and the D40x. :D I made sure I was home until he showed up to avoid the Yellow slip blues. :lol:

Congrats :drool:

Congrats on the new camera. :thumbup:

So how come your not driving around looking for a UPS truck. :lol:

Thanks! :D

Why? Because I am smarter than the average bear. I know where he is going to be and when... and then I just jump the guy when he pulls over. :lol:

what's so wrong with the SB900? it has a zoom head that covers both the FX and DX focal plane...

The 900 is too big, heavy and expensive. The 800 was a good fit, and didn't tax the hotshoe mount. At $500 a pop, it's a lot tougher to assemble a kit for serious CLS work with SB-900's. (And the 600 don't cut it.)

And congrats Jerry on a top shelf camera. That big D3 sensor in a lighter body makes most of us drool for sure. Wish you the best of luck with it, and don't forget to post lot's of pix.

wow congratulations! when I was looking for a dslr more than four months ago I actually looked at D700 as well but it was just too pricey for me :(

hope you'll have fun with your new toy

Well, I've decided to make the puchase and the new toys are coming this Thursday or Friday.

I just ordered a Nikon D700, Nikkor 24-70 lens, the Nikon battery grip, 2 extra batteries and a couple more 8GB Sandisk Extreme IV CF cards.

Please, no one ask how much this costs... I am currently in denial! :lmao: :lmao:

Saying that I am excited feels almost like the understatement of the year to me! Christmas came early this year! :lol: :D :lol: :D
:drool:

Congrats!!!

Adorama had this kick-ass special for the D700 for $2500 last week - please tell me you got it that low?!!!

I am waiting for it to drop a bit - but I ACHE to order it like every day!! Happy shooting!!

Suneil

Yay! Now I won't be the only one here with the 700!

I tried the bracket trick BTW, and I can't seem to get the camera to do 0 +or- bracketing, I can get it down to .5, but not 0.

Wait, so even WITHOUT the MB-D10 you can get the camera to 9fps? Does this mean that it isn't even needed for the 8fps, and Nikon are just making you buy an accessory to get it that high when it could be done perfectly well without?

:drool:
Congrats!!!

Adorama had this kick-ass special for the D700 for $2500 last week - please tell me you got it that low?!!!

Thanks! No, I did not get it that low... I got it $150 less than that. ;)

I am waiting for it to drop a bit - but I ACHE to order it like every day!! Happy shooting!!

Thanks!

The delivery is sooooo close, likely this afternoon or no later than tomorrow. We'll see!

Yay! Now I won't be the only one here with the 700!

I tried the bracket trick BTW, and I can't seem to get the camera to do 0 +or- bracketing, I can get it down to .5, but not 0.

Does it click them off at 8FPS? It is possible that either I misunderstood the guy or they were BSing, but I was told that it was a "back door" way to do it without the EN-El4a battery

As an aside, I ordered that Phottix En-EL4 clone battery with charger for $50 from Hong Kong. We'll see how that turns out. If I like it, I may order 1-2 more.

Most reactions

Back