What's new

Punchbowl Pics

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
76
Location
Yakima, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this is supposedly one of the most (if not the most) photographed waterfalls in the U.S., but I just had to give it a go! It was quite a task to get them! That water was COLD!!! What do you all think, and which is your favorite?

1.


IMG_6971_2_3 by RxForB3, on Flickr

2.


IMG_6977 by RxForB3, on Flickr

3.


IMG_6960 by RxForB3, on Flickr

4.


IMG_6954 by RxForB3, on Flickr

5.


IMG_6933 by RxForB3, on Flickr

I think the cold water affected my compositional skills :) Unfortunately the water was running too high to be able to photograph with the rocks as in the typical "iconic" photo.
 
Nice waterfall pics. Until now the only Punchbowl Falls I had heard of were the ones in our Jasper National Park - Punch Bowl Falls Jasper National Park - so this has been a bit educational for me - something to remember if I travel to Washington state. Thanks.
________________
WesternGuy
 
You should definitely take a look if you get the chance. This is actually in Oregon just a bit outside of Portland. Not far from Multnomah Falls, actually...
 
You should definitely take a look if you get the chance. This is actually in Oregon just a bit outside of Portland. Not far from Multnomah Falls, actually...
Thanks for the update on the geography - Multnomah is also on my bucket list of falls to photograph.
________________
WesternGuy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom