Punk girl

Georgijevic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.georgijevic.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Female punk singer on gray wall ... singing and jumps ...

punk.jpg

I like this, too! Do you mind explaining your lighting setup? Thanks!

I really like the llighting in this. Very nice shot. I think I would just crop out a little of the empty space on the right...but thats just me.

Nice idea that on showing the set-up. My only though might be to put some text in saying how far off the ground the SB600s were, and how far from the subject (roughly) too.

Flashes was on tripods 1.5m from ground and 3m from model each one. (direct lights). That was outside, almost dark night.

Last edited:
Really looks great. I think the microphone wire really makes the shot. It's twisted and flying in a really dramatic way, but it's perfectly picturesque. Well done. Good use of resources and setting too.

how many times did she have to jump till you got what you wanted?

I'm guessing that the flash (camera right) was straight on with the model (punk girl), but it looks as if the flash (camera left) is slightly in front of and angled more towards the back wall. Or another light source near the scene helped contribute inadvertently.

Regardless, great shot.

Thanks for the diagram. I am surprised that the back wall is lit as well as it is. Then again, I have no experience with off camera flash (soon, though).

timethief@ There was a lot of jups (about 1h 30min jumping), but this is not only image I can say I like it ... there is more!

Here:

59614,1239591345,1.jpg
59614,1239831823,1.jpg

59614,1239591747,1.jpg
59614,1239753288,1.jpg

kundalini@ Flashes are in parallel position ... no rotation on wall. Just 2 flashes ... no other light sources. When lights are direct without diffusors they overtake wide angle lighted.

Most reactions

Back