Punk Housewife

Dlyfe13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$CIMG1476.jpg

I took this with a good friend of mine. The concept was 1950's housewife with a punk rock spin on it

I like the concept, but I think you've got a ways to go to actually realize a finished image.

Nothing in this suggest 1950's housewife to me. The props don't say it, especially not the style of the blinds, which weren't thin in the 50's. I think you'll really want to 1950's prop this in order to successfully pull it off. I'd start with a Google Image search for 1950's housewife to get ideas for styles, props and even posing.

I would also suggest that the hairstyle be a 50's housewife hairstyle, THEN electric blue to give it the spin you're looking for.

Finally, the lighting is rather flat, and lighting always sets the mood and makes the shot. Something to think about.

Hope to see you explore this concept further and develop it into a really nice piece! Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah the set was nothing spectacular. I was originally gonna do an outside shot. My town is a old Industrial city, with closed down brick mills everywhere. So we were gonna go with a Rosie the Revitor look, but she had the dress and I just decided to take a few pics in her apartment. I just thought they looked interesting. I'm gonna reshoot them with actual lighting next time.

I'd throw a punkish wedding (if there is such thing) on her finger too if you're going to keep the title.

I'm probally not gonna keep that tittle. It was just something I grabbed outta the air.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back