Puppy Walk in the Park

nikki_hd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all! Hoping for a little critique on the following photos. I am a newbie but am having a lot of fun taking pictures of pets (both my own and my friends'). Lighting was tricky and I wish I had a little more light on his sweet face. Photographing a 6 month old puppy was not the easiest task but man, that face though!

Thanks for your advice/critique/comments!

17121647949_57f7299d3e_z.jpg
17130914709_a9e7ffb899_o.jpg
17316698541_4e8dcc9cb4_o.jpg

Oops! Meant to include this info:

Taken with a 50mm
f/4.5
1/4000
ISO 3200

Why did you shoot such a high ISO and fast shutter?

They are cute, but I agree with Brainy here. Would have dialed down my shutter to around 500, and have reduced the ISO accordingly.

If you went from 1/4000 to 1/500sec.

then your ISO would drop from 3200 to 800 ISO.

The exposure would be identical, but when viewing full size, they wouldn't look so noisey and degraded.

I would work on increasing the exposure on the dog in #2--especially around the eyes.

Boxer/pit mix?

Thanks everyone for the advice! I have been shooting on auto ISO, which is why it is so high I guess. I agree that I should have it lower. I had my shutter speed so high because this dog was ALL OVER the place and I wanted to make sure I could get a clear shot. Do you think lowering it 1/500 would allow clear shots of an in-motion dog?

Oh, and he is a boxer! 6 months and with GIANT paws! :)

Cute dog. I quite like the second one as it shows the dog looking straight into the lens. As the others have said, lower iso would give a better quality image. I would think that 1/500th would work, but try it out and you'll know for sure. A little trial and error will usually give you good results and will also provide some experience/education. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back