Purchashing from keh.com?

benfoldsfive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm a big newb when it comes to electronics, and i'm currently a poor undergrad :er:. I was looking for something compact and small to take pictures with (nothing serious, just photos for going out and for traveling), and someone told me about keh.com. I was looking at the sony dsc-t7, which is discontinued (on keh, they have it for a sweet price). I've read reviews over the site, and most of them were pretty good. However, the camera is rated as EX. What kind of condition should i expect it to be in? And what does dust in the glass mean, is it fixable? I'm sorr to ask so many newbie questions, but i just wanted to get a second opinion before i go out and buy it from keh. Maybe i could take it into a camera store like wolf camera and let them look at it? I appreciate any input!

I have dealt with KEH a few times... and have known others as well that have... KEH marks their stuff low on purpose... if it says it will be "ex" it will probably be "ex+" in real life... I wouldnt worry at all from purchasing... they also have a 14 day (if I remember correctly) return policy that is all inclusive... I had to return a Sigma Lens to them in the past because it wasnt chipped up to date and I didnt want the hassle... and they took it back with no problems at all...

:thumbup: from me too. KEH is awesome. There is stuff is always as advertised or better. I've bought 2 cameras and a lens from them and been totally satisfied.

Benfoldsfive, dust in the glass is just that. For a lens to work there has to be some space between the pieces of glass and as the lenses aren't waterproof after a while tiny bits of dust or lint from the air will get between them. This will not hurt the image quality in any likely way so don't worry about it.

mike

i just purchased a mamiya from them, and got amazing service from them, i messed up my zip code they called me the next morning and fixed it, i called the number back, it was the guys cell phone, he was working from home, and instead of giving me a main number just helped me. to top it off he remembered all of the details of my order without having to ask me my name or order number etc, he just said "you bought the mamiya 645 right?" and remembered the rest.

awesome y'all! i really appreciate the help, i'll place my order sometime this week!! thanks again, i'll let y'all know how it goes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back