Purly by chance

aarongbuk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys..
Long time since ive been on here, but got a new camera and been testing it out. These were taken in low light in a cafe by pure chance (hence the title) and the girl I did just a little work on in PS.. What ya think??

$173bw.jpg

$212.jpg

No 1 Beautiful eyes, but probably cropped too heavy - I would like to see a bit more. I would leave the chin uncropped - it adds to the character.
No 2 Too saturated and way too much contrast. She most probably has beautiful hair but all we can not see the texture, it is just black.

Thanks.. sadly with modern digital photography the saturation often comes down to the screen.. as mine has good light and detail.. The first photo.. I get you with the crop.. but look at the title.. this was not a photoshoot!

Thanks.. sadly with modern digital photography the saturation often comes down to the screen.. as mine has good light and detail.. The first photo.. I get you with the crop.. but look at the title.. this was not a photoshoot!

Do you use monitor calibration? If not, then it does not "comes down to the screen". If you were on a calibrated monitor, we would see the image close to what you see. Cute kid, great eyes.. hopefully you can shoot him again?

#1 is underexposed... whites of the eyes are very gray. The composition is off.. if it had been shot vertically, it would have helped immensely.

#2 has too much contrast and saturation, IMO! Overly yellow.... too bright on top, too shadowed toward bottom.

If you post them, you will get C&C! If they are "not a photoshoot", then possibly post them to Just For Fun... since traditionally that forum doesn't get any serious C&C.

Yes, point taken, have you calibrated your monitor? Probably others will correct me, but I had it oversaturated on my home screen and now I am in my office - same problem.

Yes, point taken, have you calibrated your monitor? Probably others will correct me, but I had it oversaturated on my home screen and now I am in my office - same problem.

Sashbar, you are right on!

Something I had to learn about this forum is that people can be brutally honest which is good for the learning experience. I have personally learned a ton from fellow photographers offering up C&C and have since limited my posting photos and not just every snap shot that I get and actually apply the tips that i have received. The advice already offered is good advice and you should not take it so personal and learn from it. Granted this wasn't a photoshoot good composition should still be taken into account and work with the lighting available.

Most reactions

Back