Purple Flowers at Home ... C&C and be brutal!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by jedirunner, Feb 4, 2012.

1. jedirunner

jedirunner TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So we set up the cheap-o photo studio downstairs again (daughter and I -- desk lamps behind white bed sheets draped over kitchen chairs, black fleece as a backdrop) and had some fun with some flowers we picked up at walmart.

I played around with a macro lens a bit, and when it was her turn to get her camera to shoot, I shot over her shoulder with my longer lenses cause I couldn't let her have all the fun, even when it *was* supposed to be her turn.

Last time we did this we had a lot of image noise. We read up on that, and started using manual mode with lower iso, slower shutter speeds. I think the noise has been cleaned up. Now I need to work on at least 3 things: lighting, composition, and a lot of work on focus.

Anyway, here are some taken of the "purple" flowers. CC please and teach me how to do this better.

Image 1.
    [​IMG]

Image 2.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for helping with some CC.

Kevin

2. LightSpeed

LightSpeed TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If I may without offending.
    They are under exposed.

BUmp up the ISO, OR lower the shutter speed.
    You can also go to a lower Fstop number but this may infringe upon the depth of field you were going for.

3. jedirunner

jedirunner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, they are pretty underexposed. :( I'll work on playing with ISO and shutter speed to get them a bit better exposed. Also practiced more focus last night, so I may be able to get better shots overall soon.

Oh, and seriously, I'm not going to take offense to any suggestions. :) I *NEED* the CC very very much.

Kevin