Purple Flowers at Home ... C&C and be brutal!

jedirunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So we set up the cheap-o photo studio downstairs again (daughter and I -- desk lamps behind white bed sheets draped over kitchen chairs, black fleece as a backdrop) and had some fun with some flowers we picked up at walmart.

I played around with a macro lens a bit, and when it was her turn to get her camera to shoot, I shot over her shoulder with my longer lenses cause I couldn't let her have all the fun, even when it *was* supposed to be her turn.

Last time we did this we had a lot of image noise. We read up on that, and started using manual mode with lower iso, slower shutter speeds. I think the noise has been cleaned up. Now I need to work on at least 3 things: lighting, composition, and a lot of work on focus.

Anyway, here are some taken of the "purple" flowers. CC please and teach me how to do this better.

Image 1.
IMG_3064_1536.JPG

Image 2.
IMG_3093_1536.JPG

Thanks for helping with some CC.

Kevin

If I may without offending.
They are under exposed.

BUmp up the ISO, OR lower the shutter speed.
You can also go to a lower Fstop number but this may infringe upon the depth of field you were going for.

If I may without offending.
They are under exposed.

BUmp up the ISO, OR lower the shutter speed.
You can also go to a lower Fstop number but this may infringe upon the depth of field you were going for.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, they are pretty underexposed. :( I'll work on playing with ISO and shutter speed to get them a bit better exposed. Also practiced more focus last night, so I may be able to get better shots overall soon.

Oh, and seriously, I'm not going to take offense to any suggestions. :) I *NEED* the CC very very much.

Kevin

Most reactions

New Topics

Back