Purple Persuasion

Great photo. Curious what went into the photo (filter, shutter speed, and amount of post-processing involved).

Great photo. Curious what went into the photo (filter, shutter speed, and amount of post-processing involved).
I'm also interested in these details. Is that a combination of two exposures?
It's truly a fantastic image with very beautiful colors (and that combination of the purple of the flowers with the purple of the sky) and a nice composition.

**** ***** ******* you do some great ******* landscapes man!
that sun position is perfect!

I appreciate that Pix!~

Breathtaking photo!! The colors are wonderful :) WOW!!

Wow, very nicely done.

Thanks, both!

Isn't this an old photo? I remember seeing a similar photo on your facebook quite a while ago.

And as always, this is one amazing landscape.

Nope, brand spanking new! Thanks sir!

Beautiful. :sillysmi:

Thanks.

It must take you forever to get the perfect shot! This is truly a piece of art, stunning!

This one did, because the blend was complicated.

Just one word: WOW!

Thanks!

I'm also interested in these details. Is that a combination of two exposures?
It's truly a fantastic image with very beautiful colors (and that combination of the purple of the flowers with the purple of the sky) and a nice composition.

Here are a few more details.
The photo was shot with an ND Grad to reduce the amount of images necessary for blending for dynamic range. A few shots were used to control the bright areas around the sun. The foreground is a blend of a few images for focus.

The thing that made this really complicated was the 25mph sustained winds. The lupine were flopping all over the place. as you can imagine, this makes blending for depth of field in a convincing way a nightmare. Also, a higher ISO was used to get a faster shutter speed to freeze the flowers. 1/125 was the MINIMUM to freeze them (Iso 800-1200ish).

Of course, lots of advanced Photoshop techniques were used to bring everything together, including luminosity masking and midtone control. Basically this shot required the full bag of tricks to pull together. If anyone is interested in advanced Photoshop pointers, I do skype lessons every once in a while, PM for details.

Hope that helps!

OutF*@#ingstanding!!! All I gotta say! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back