Purple Sunset

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the wind farm in St. Leon, one of my favourite places to visit and photograph here in Manitoba, Canada.

p539387705-4.jpg

Thanks for taking a look...

Love the idea that you have here but I think we both know you could get a better sunset for this shot. It's still very cool!! I would love to see another version. I can see why it is one of your fav. places!!! Keep shooting!!!!

The location and the colors of the sky are beautiful.

Love the idea that you have here but I think we both know you could get a better sunset for this shot. It's still very cool!! I would love to see another version. I can see why it is one of your fav. places!!! Keep shooting!!!!
Haha, I'm not sure I know how to shoot a better sunset for this shot :) (I'm not a "sunset shooter", though.) Do you mean I should've included the sun? If so, I almost always exclude it from the frame --I'm more interested in the way it changes the colour of things than in the sun itself.

Anyway, here's a different crop of this photo, as suggested to me on another forum (and I like the results more than the original crop):

p33375842-4.jpg

Thanks everybody for the feedback, by the way!

No, I like that you left the sun out of the shot but I would like the clouds to be more interesting. But it's your shot......maybe you didn't want a dif. kinda cloud.

I like the colors as well. What were the camera settings for this photo?
I also like the cropped version more. Have you tried to lower the exposure on the white clouds and blue of the sky? (selective exposure)

No, I like that you left the sun out of the shot but I would like the clouds to be more interesting. But it's your shot......maybe you didn't want a dif. kinda cloud.
Oh :) I wanted the clouds to be as soft as possible to go along with the purple tones, so I'm very happy with them :)

I like the colors as well. What were the camera settings for this photo?
Thanks, Pierre! The settings were: f/18, 1/125s, ISO 400 (I needed the high ISO to help freeze the motion of the rotors).

I also like the cropped version more. Have you tried to lower the exposure on the white clouds and blue of the sky? (selective exposure)
A lower exposure on the clouds and sky would've given me a foreground too dark to bring it back in post. Do you think they need to be darker? Myself, I think they are already a bit too dark (as compared to the foreground).

Then you did an excellent job! It's always hard to comment on art....;) You don't always have the same vision as someone else on the subject matter. ;)

I always enjoy your creative twist on things!!

Last edited:
It's always hard to comment on art....;) You don't always have the same vision as someone else on the subject matter. ;)
I agree completely. I shoot with a couple of friends with whom we have in common that we like to photograph the same stuff --abandonments, abstract, a bit of landscapes. We rarely ever see the same scene in the same way, so our photos are always different even though the subjects, the light, etc. are identical.

(Exception: the few times I've shot with people who hadn't reached their maturity in terms of developing their way of seeing things, they tended to place their tripod alongside mine and our photos ended up being nearly identical.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back