What's new

push/pull 80-200 f/2.8 vs two/touch

greybeard38 11

TPF Supporters
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
5,947
Reaction score
4,802
Location
WV
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I happen to be one of those who prefers a push/pull zoom over a two/touch. How well does the older 80-200 f/2.8 perform vs the two/touch with respect to auto-focus?
 
I’ve owned both and they are both optically fantastic, same lens design as far as I know. The tripod collar was the kicker for me as it is s heavy lens. If you don’t shoot landscapes, some great deals can be found for the push pulls. One thing I do remember is the push pill sucking in a lot of dust.
 
I’ve used both but don’t own either. I found them optically the same but the shotgun was a dust magnet.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom