Putting Together Lens Possibilities for My 1st DSLR - Need Input, Please

fullrun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am trying to get some guidelines in what lense or lenses I should include for my first DSLR set up given the shots I take and go after - which are:

• General Photos of Family and Grandchildren - the latter usually in action . The quick off the hip snapshot.
  • Scenic/Landscape/Countryside Shots
  • Buildings and Architecture
I need to keep it cost effective.

I started out years ago with SLR... shooting NY water towers, the Hudson River.. and sliced tomatoes :wink:... Artsy. And then put it aside for the convenience P&S Pentax digital.. and while it serves well for those family snapshots and Ebay sales, it doesn't quite do it when my eye sees that part of nature or beautiful landscape in the horizon. Your suggestions and feedback are appreciated. It will also guide me in what kit packages I should look for.

Thanks.

Well, it sounds like you need a little of everything. The 18-200 VR is a really good general lens that will cover a lot of what you want to do. I just don't find it fabulous for professional portraits, but it is great when you don't have the option to change out your lenses constantly.

Most reactions

Back