TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Experimenting with fire...

fire_10.jpg

Shot with one very low power flash diagonally from the front with a platic bag on, a reflector so as the other side of the match got some light on it, a flash from underneath covered in alu foil with a slot cut in it to get some light just onto the smoke at 125 s f:20 105mm then shrapened (highpass layer set to softlight) a little in photoshop. It took 2 small and half a large box of matches spent before the flame was just OK :).

Thanks for looking

tim

Wow, Tim.
So much thought, so much planning, so many preparations and soooooo many matches went into the creation of this photo!
Which meakes it all extra good!
Since this is ... there are no other words for it ... plainly a GOOD PHOTO!

Hot-hot-hot!
(For to say "cool" this one seems to be the wrong subject :greenpbl: )

A striking image ! (boom boom)

Seriously, Love it. Great example of the frozen moment shots where the viewer can sit and stare for as long as they wish at something they could not with the naked eye.

Thanks Corinna, i was pleased with this shot even if it isnt the prettyest thing in the world because i thought it would be impossible to have the depth of feild needed for something so small, a long enough exposure that the flame could be seen in relation to the flash, short enough that it didnt look just like a blurr and still be able to light the non burning bits. You are too kind to me as usuall though Corinna, but i love it :)...

Thanks Navyjelly thats a much nicer pun than the one that sprung to mind when i first thohgt of a title :), it wasnt nice. I had not thought of it as a moment that you cant usually see, that is a really good idea for a challange or inspiration for a seriese some time, a frozen moment that you see but can never for some amount of time. I will have to try it, if you have any ideas about other subjects like that i would love to hear them.

tim

Great shot! Lots of detail and it looks like you nailed the exposure level perfectly.

Most reactions

Back