What's new

Quality Time (Street Photo)

Craig J

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to see what everyone thought about this one. C&C appreciated.

Craig

Nikon D80, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens.
Shot at f5.6, 1/500s, ISO 400, @ 140mm.

4016691959_28022a2b49_o.jpg
 
This is a good example of a good photograph. Well composed, exposed and focused. Most of all it tells a story. Some may want to see more of the teacher's face but I think the student is the main subject and well captured. All in all, an excellent street shot.

Craig
 
I'm no expert but I know what I like and I like this. I don't really like a lot of people pics (posed, anyway) but like Craig said...this one tells a story!
Thanks!
 
while i relate to the other comments about enjoying this photo on some level i will strongly disagree with craig,

"This is a good example of a good photograph. Well composed, exposed and focused." - that in particular. Composition could stand to improve greatly, the background is distracting to me, and in terms of focus i would like for the man to be in focus, as well as see his face. I know its hard to nail all those things, and still like photos of mine and other peoples who compromise . . . because the content is still there, and thats what evokes emotion in lots of people, the problem is that photography being an aesthetic practice i have to point out its shortcomings. CUTE CUTE CUTE though!
 
Thanks for the replies, good and bad.

We go into crowds and find things to capture. Backgrounds always suck. The father was selectively blurred as all I wanted in the photo was the girl, paintbush, and the helping hand. It was just the way I saw in.

I had other comments (on another forum) about the father being in focus. Maybe I will redo and look at a side-by-side comparison. I am not convinced though.

Jane58, I also do not like pictures of kids. They are way more interesting to the parents than to a forum community.

Thanks again.

Craig
 
good luck with it man, you nailed the moment thats for sure, just could be framed differently.
 
Thanks for the replies, good and bad.

We go into crowds and find things to capture. Backgrounds always suck. The father was selectively blurred as all I wanted in the photo was the girl, paintbush, and the helping hand. It was just the way I saw in.

I had other comments (on another forum) about the father being in focus. Maybe I will redo and look at a side-by-side comparison. I am not convinced though.

Jane58, I also do not like pictures of kids. They are way more interesting to the parents than to a forum community.

Thanks again.

Craig


But as I also said...this one tells a story!! Therefore, yours is an acception to me. She's adorable and I'm sure that father would love this picture to show off to the grandkids down the road!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom