quantary vs. hoya

molsen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed that the regular multicoated Skylight 1A filters for both of these brands are about the same prices (within a couple dollars of each other). Are they the same quality? Some people have told me quantaray filters are crappy, but I haven't heard from someone with actual experience using both brands.

I have used both Quantaray and Hoya 52mm filters and I honestly can't tell much of a difference. I'm surprised that they are fairly close in price, to be honest. For bigger sizes, Hoya tends to cost more. I went with a Hoya on my Sigma, which is an 86mm (I think). I would guess that is harder to keep high optical quality the bigger the filter gets.

i'm getting a 52mm and 58mm so I should be fine with quantaray?

I would say yes...but if they are very close in price why not go for the Hoya?

I would say yes...but if they are very close in price why not go for the Hoya?
because the hoya i would have to order online, and the quantaray can be bought locally. and i asked for MC filters for a birthday present, and I doubt my parents would be able to handle ordering something on-line, lol

No consideration for the best?
but i already know it's the best ;):thumbup:

Between the 52 MM filters which is better Tiffen or Quantaray? I have UV and Polaroid. Any comments, suggestions or assistance?

Most reactions

Back