query

Easy: under the list of smilies (given you don't use the QUICK REPLY box, which was shrunk in the washing, too :grumpy:!) next to the reply-box ("Go Advanced") there is a little link to more... . Click it and a new page opens with all these little ones.

I know some of their "names" by heart meanwhile and can type them in. Like "biggrin" is my favourite, put in colonbiggrincolon and it shows, look :biggrin:, but I also like colonlolcolon :)lol: ) or colonbiglaughcolon :)biglaugh: ), or colonclapcolon :)clap: ) or coloncheercolon :)cheer: ) or - a nice one! - colonsexywinkcolon! :)sexywink: )

"colon" always stands for this :

Check them out, they are fun.
Though Anty and I also like to IMPORT smilies from elsewhere, sometimes, heehee.

Easy: under the list of smilies (given you don't use the QUICK REPLY box, which was shrunk in the washing, too :grumpy:!) next to the reply-box ("Go Advanced") there is a little link to more... . Click it and a new page opens with all these little ones.

I know some of their "names" by heart meanwhile and can type them in. Like "biggrin" is my favourite, put in colonbiggrincolon and it shows, look :biggrin:, but I also like colonlolcolon :)lol: ) or colonbiglaughcolon :)biglaugh: ), or colonclapcolon :)clap: ) or coloncheercolon :)cheer: ) or - a nice one! - colonsexywinkcolon! :)sexywink: )

"colon" always stands for this :

Check them out, they are fun.
Though Anty and I also like to IMPORT smilies from elsewhere, sometimes, heehee.

Ouch, I was misunderstood, I am refering to where the smilies actually come from, I assume some of them may be default to VB but I figure there is a place I would be able to accuire them for regular use on the forum at Photo-Lucidity.

I've improted a hand full of smilies as well

Oh well ... THAT was your question then?

I don't know who created these in the first place, though. Some in the list have been here "forever" (i.e. for as long as I have known TPF ;)), some have been added when someone said "We NEED this or that new smilie", and ... other than that I also like to look at other sites that have smilies on offer and "borrow" some from there. But our expert on borrowing smilies from elsewhere is Antarctican! No doubt!

Yeah, I've noticed Antys abundance of smilies. Could you point me twords some of those sites that have smilies on offer you mentioned.

this is our complete list of smilies
Picture12.jpg

You can see why I want more

www.bestsmilies.com is a nice one. Or www.familycorner.com also has a very nice variety.
(http://www.familycorner.com/forums/misc.php3?do=showsmilies )
But don't ask me how you may import more smilies into your own site and what rights you have to observe etc. Those things go far beyond me.

adding new smilies is done threw the administration panel like any other forum, terms of use should be located some place on the site that they can be accuired from, wich is why I asked

if you want those smilies can't you just drag them on to your desktop and import them into your forum?

to answer my own question. Yes you can.

hope this helps

Most reactions

Back