QUESIONS WITH SONY ALPHA A33

afcollector

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi.

I have the Sony Alpha a33 and I never used a professional camera before.

I hope you can help me telling me some basics like:

Which mode to use? standard, ISO, etc.

I can take pictures as fast as I want with the 75-300 lenses, I can take pictures fast in the 7x mode with the 18-55 but not with the 75-300. Is that normal?

Thank you

Hi.

I have the Sony Alpha a33 and I never used a professional camera before.

You still aren't using a professional camera, but I've heard that the new translucent mirror technology is pretty neat. I tried to play with an A55 the other day at best buy, but it was just a display model.

I hope you can help me telling me some basics like:

Which mode to use? standard, ISO, etc.

I can take pictures as fast as I want with the 75-300 lenses, I can take pictures fast in the 7x mode with the 18-55 but not with the 75-300. Is that normal?

Thank you

Most people start out playing around with Aperture priority mode. Which should be marked by an A or Av on your camera's mode selection wheel. This allows you to have direct control over the depth of field in your photographs.

I strongly suggest before you even start shooting, that you at least read the section on aperture in your manual. This is very important.

As far as burst shooting with your 75-300, I would manually set the shutter speed to 1/4000s and then try using the burst mode again. What may have been happening is that your camera was not using a fast enough shutter speed to shoot 7fps. The 18-55mm lens has a wider maximum aperture, and can let in more light which is probably why you were able to shoot faster with that lens. If shooting with the 75-300 at 1/4000s shoots just as fast as the 18-55, then you know it was just a restriction of the lens.

Most reactions

Back