Question about black and white pics.

bhardy501

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been looking through the gallery section on black and whites. There is some really cool shots. Shooting digital do you take them in a black and white setting or change them on the computer? What few I have done were taken as color shots and then changed to b&w on my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot in color so you can control the tones in your black and white using the color channels. If you shoot in raw there is no shooting in black and white anyway.

Thanks guys, Sparky the video was helpful. What program would you guys reccomend for phot editing. I am using the microsoft editing feature on my computer. I have the trial version of Photoshop 10 but its a little confusing to learn.

Thanks guys, Sparky the video was helpful. What program would you guys reccomend for phot editing. I am using the microsoft editing feature on my computer. I have the trial version of Photoshop 10 but its a little confusing to learn.

I always suggest trying the free stuff first. If it doesn't work, you're not out any money. If it works, you're not out any money.

Try GIMP.

Most reactions

Back