Question about "correct exposure" from Bryan Peterson's book

tvtt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've started reading Bryan Peterson's Understranding Exposure, but I'm stumped by one thing. In the exercise on pages 20 and 21 he says "adjust the shutter speed until a correct exposure is indicated in the viewfinder"

I know how to adjust the shutter speed, but where in my viewfinder will my camera tell me what exposure is correct?

I have a Nikon D50

then your light meter is on the bottom of the viewfinder. when you're looking at your subject through the viewfinder, there will be a green line below the subject that looks like this:
+=======0=======-

if your shutter speed is too slow and you're over exposed it will look like:
+=======0=======-

too fast and under exposed:
+=======0=======-

EDIT
Understanding Exposure makes the assumption you have read your camera's manual :p

then your light meter is on the bottom of the viewfinder. when you're looking at your subject through the viewfinder, there will be a green line below the subject that looks like this:
+=======0=======-

if your shutter speed is too slow and you're over exposed it will look like:
+=======0=======-

too fast and under exposed:
+=======0=======-

EDIT
Understanding Exposure makes the assumption you have read your camera's manual :p

Thanks so much for the help!!! At first I thought that was what it was, but then started second guessing it.

np, glad i could help. D50 is a great camera by the way. i've got over 100,000 actuations on mine and it's still going strong :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back