Question about external flash.

JJP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if anybody knew what my best choice would be for an external flash for my Fujifilm Finepix S9500, seeing as there are no specific external flashes for this camera, i'm a bit stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

There are plenty of flash units that use an Auto-thyristor...the flash reads the reflected light to know how much light to put out...based on the settings you have set. These flash units can be fairly cheap compared to dedicated flash units. Vivitar makes some good ones...but there are lots of manufacturers. The one thing to be aware of is trigger voltage. Some units have a high trigger voltage that might fry the circuits of your camera.

A dedicated TTL flash (Canon flash on Canon camera, for example) will communicate with the camera to determine the exposure. There might be dedicated flash units avaliable for your camera...but I don't know.

Thanks for the response :)
I'm currently trying to find out about the voltage for this camera, as Big Mike said about, as I have heard that most flashes do not work with it, and as there are no specific external flashes for this camera, i'm still pretty stumped. :(
If anybody knows a model of an external flash that works with this camera, it would be a great help. :(

Fantastic, it's come up with a list of flashes that would work with it, thanks a lot PopPicker and Big Mike. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back