Question about K-x and Nikon d3000.

AlexPhoto1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello ! I am making a leap from Film SLR to dSLR. I am quite anxious about it.. I am hesitating between the pentax k-x and the d3000 from Nikon. One thing I find important is what I see when I look into the camera.. Like on this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdRUuTjsTnM]YouTube - Nikon D3000 Feature Video[/ame] at 45 seconds we see that when you look inside the camera we see the f stop the iso etc. I find that very important to me... I just want to know if the pentax k-x has something similar (If you can include a pick it would help alot thanks ! :D) and will it be like that with all lenses? Because I have a couple old pentax k1000 lenses.. I want the K-x but that feature is pretty close to the top for importance..

Thanks !

-Alex

Thanks a ton Derrel, I should probably get the pentax because of the option to record HD video..
Thanks again!

-Alex

Thanks a ton Derrel, I should probably get the pentax because of the option to record HD video..
Thanks again!

-Alex

I wouldn't pick the Pentax just because it has video abilities. Im not saying get the D3000 but im saying dont pick a camera just because it can record video.

Although I think the K-X is superior to the D3000 I rarley use video on my camera. Don't let that be a deciding factor.

No I agree with you Atlas, but I mean the characteristics are pretty similar... The Pentax has higher MP rate ( I guess not that important but still), I have used lenses from Pentax, etc... Its just kind of an addition that is helpful..

I guess I missed that you have old lenses.

Then the Pentax is a great choice.

Woops. :confused:

Yeah its no problem :p It's kinda cool to find someone else that lives in Ottawa :p

Thanks ! Yeah I live in Gatineau.. Which is considered Ottawa I guess :p Sens game tonight and I am stoked. lol

I read reviews lately that the Pentax is the better buy. And although the Nikon does have slightly lower noise performance at low ISO. The Pentax is said to have better noise performance higher than 400!

It has scored very well against the entry level Nikons and Canon's. And as you know Pentax will take any lens from their film line (converter may be needed).

I have all Nikon gear, just sold off the last of my Canon equipment. But I would love to get a Pentax. :confused: Not a smart financial move but something about them peaks my interest. And the first 35mm I ever used was a Pentax ME Super.

Thanks for the advice Ben.. Yeah my grandfather gave me a K1000 about a year ago with 4 different lenses.. from 400mm telephoto to 27mm (I think) Wide lens.. Well it is up to my mom to make the final decision.. I tried to persuade her into pentax :p

-Alex

Good luck on your mom. And if you do get one. Don't forget about the K1000. The new fancy one may peak your interests more. But a film camera is still worth keeping around and using.

I know your interested in the pentax but im putting this up just for fun :lol:.

Compare cameras

By my way of looking at it, the Pentax K-X looks like it's definitely the better camera at the beginner level, compared against the Nikon D3000--the Pentax has several key areas where it is better--it has in-body stabilization, shoots pretty decent HD video, has better low-light and high-ISO performance, has a wider sensor dynamic range, better color depth, and is overall, a better "imager" than the Nikon D3000. The Pentax K-X is also a very low-cost camera,and it's my understanding that its 4.7 frames per second shooting rate is the fastest of any entry-level camera offered by any brand. It's also a class leader at ISO 800 and higher settings...so for a guy who already has some Pentax lenses, it seems like the low cost of the K-X brings with it multiple class-leading advantages.

Most reactions

Back